Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Step - by - Step - by - Step . . .

I made a quick trip to the garden area late this afternoon (4:30 p.m.), with a trellis (for a clematis), two fence posts, a "post-pounder-in-er," some wire, a measuring tape, and my camera. 

Last night, the bed looked like this - with the florescent spray paint boundaries and flags for the flowering crab apple tree and the Korean Lilac.
(Don't forget you can click on any photo to greatly enlarge!)
The view was unchanged this morning, even after Leland and Shirley had delivered and roto-tilled in a load of nice, dry sheep manure!

You might well imagine my pleasant surprise in finding the bush and tree in place when I arrived at 4:30 p.m. with my variety of items!  I did set the trellis in place before taking the following photographs. 

Dwarf Korean Lilac

Malus 'Sargentii' - aka 'Sargent Flowering Crabapple'
two views  of the placement
Next stop - Friday morning!
Watch for the update.  
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please type your message in the comment box below the post. If you want to communicate directly with one of us, use the e-mail address: gardenersmaster@yahoo.com.